FPH Educational Grant
Professor Feng Pao Hsii (1936-2015) was a pioneering figure in Singapore rheumatology who established the first department of rheumatology in our country. In recognition of his contributions and in honour of his memory, the Singapore Society of Rheumatology (SSR) has inaugurated an educational grant in his name, with the aim of supporting trainee rheumatologists to attend conferences.
Terms of reference
- Applications are open to Rheumatology trainees who submit an abstract, or are invited to make an oral presentation at a reputable regional or international conference.
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s respective Program Director (PD) is required.
- Applicants must have sought and failed to obtain other institutional means of funding (such as the MOHH Training Fund, Resident’s Training Fund or institutional conference support) before applying for the Feng Pao Hsii (FPH) Educational Grant. There is strictly no double funding for a single conference attendance.
- Applicants must be SSR members who have actively participated in SSR activities.
- A sum of SGD$10,000 per calendar year has been allocated, to support a maximum of 10 awardees per year. The maximum amount awarded to an individual trainee is capped at SGD $2000.
- The call for applications will be made at the annual FPH Lecture or at a separate date (if there is no FPH Lecture). Applications will close annually on 31st December.
- Applicants will be considered based on the quality of the abstract and the conference to which the abstract is submitted, the number of conferences the applicant has attended and the number of years of training.
- The SSR Executive Committee will assess every application and all decisions are final.
- The SSR reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time without explanation.
- Only applicants presenting a paper/ poster will be eligible, limited to one sponsorship per calendar year.
- Applicants must be in active service (e.g. not on no-pay leave) during the period of the conference.
- Applicants re-enlisted into Singapore Armed Forces (who are not entitled to apply for MOHH Conference sponsorship) are eligible to apply for this grant.
- If the poster has already been presented at a conference, it cannot be re-used to apply for the FPH Educational Grant.
- All other forms of sponsorship by external parties or other sources MUST be declared on the application form.
- If the applicant is successful in obtaining another means of support for the same conference, he or she must inform the Society’s secretariat within five working days of being informed.
- The applicant must obtain approval by his/her respective Program Director and Head of Department.
- The SSR will not fund conferences that have already taken place.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM